Tuesday, January 10, 2012

There's Grit in There Somewhere


Yesterday was my last full day off for a while.  It was great.  I cleaned, I took a long bath, I watched True Grit (2010), I made pumpkin pie.  It was super, duper.  Grilled pork steaks on the grill for dinner and fun with petite bebe followed by an early bed time.  Going to have to kick it in gear tonight to get the rest of the laundry folded and put up.  I also watched a movie called "Somewhere" by Sofia Copolla.  Really lovely.  Go watch it for some very quiet, and at times painful, introspection.


Having some time alone at home (with the dogs, of course) has resulted in me starting to love my home.  I've enjoyed working on it a bit and hope to get more done this semester.  Its a work in progress.  Someday I'll have it how I want it. 

Our 1997 Buick Skylark P-O-S is about dead in the water.  After over $1000 spent, no much luck.  We are going to have to sell her "as-is" on Craig's List here pretty soon.  Couldn't be better timing. Ahem.  

School officially starts tomorrow.  I'm pretty indifferent.  Trying to think about how to plan my day.  That will include bebe drop-off, trip to book store and then some reading prior to class.  Don't know how much of that I'll actually get done before class tomorrow.  I'd be worried, but that's not how I roll these days.  I'll for sure be missing my friends who either dropped out or will now be a semester behind.

I love endurance races, I love endurance races, I love endurance races. 

Love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment