Thursday, January 5, 2012

Simmering Down

Well, we aren't over the hump yet and may not be for a while.  The 97 Buick we just spent $1,000 in repairs on died on my husband yesterday on his lunch break.  I was pissed for two reasons: 1. I had a day's worth of house cleaning and organizing planned and 2. we just spent $1,000 on the car that we basically had to put on our credit card because we have no money.  We are nearing our limit on the credit card and I have to say that I've never been more sick to my stomach over money.  It sucks.  One minute I'm fine, the next minute I want to hurl.  My way of dealing with these things currently is really sharp and cutting anger and I need to find a new way.

I'm at work and I am doing my best to stay busy and seem helpful and useful.  I was going to try to do some clinic work this semester but don't know if that's going to work out.  My boss seems to indicate that my fellow staff support worker picks up a lot of slack.  But the fact of the matter is that if no one gives me an indication that she needs assistance with her work load or that she needs help with projects, what the hell can I do about it?  She's an amazing co-worker and overall human being, but she's very stubborn about sharing her work load.  She's hard headed in that she's determined to get it all done herself.  It makes me slightly crazy.  I will need to address this today, today, today.

My in-laws are hitting me hard with the spring break/vacation plans.  Since like, January 1st.  And now they have moved from us going out there to going to Mexico in the summer!  As if my and my daughter's lily-white pale asses can handle the coastal Mexican sun, let alone in the summer.  I've got to put the kibosh on that and how.  They are all looking at me for any signs of yes or no because, well, I'm the one who has the most influence on this decision. However, after last summer's beach vacation fail, I'm not feeling a big family thing this year.  And I'll be damned if anyone tries to takeover my summer vacation. That belongs to my immediate family.  Period.  If we decide to share it with someone, so be it.  Besides, I have always wanted to see Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment