Thursday, November 17, 2011

Holiday Edition, Vol 1

Hello!  Writing from my favorite place these days, work!  Why is it my favorite?  Its clean here, coffee always hot and available and I don't have to do that much.  Amen.  Lets talk about the holidays, shall we?  Everyone's been bitching lately because the Christmas stuff is out "early".  But its always like this, and so long as Halloween is over, I'm good with it.

First off, Thanksgiving! The Fockers are flying in from Las Vegas on Tuesday.  They will get all day Wednesday with my adorable and wired Little Focker.  Should be interesting to see how that turns out and how tired they are by Wednesday evening.  Five $ says they call it and head back to the hotel right when I get home from work at 5:30PM. Heh. Its all about stamina, baby. Meanwhile, I'm planning on switching up the regular turkey cooking procedure.  Even though how I normally make it is stellar and insanely good (stuffed, y'all), I think I'm going to brine the turkey in a simple white wine based recipe.  I'm doing the researching right now to figure out what its going to be. 

Christmas Tree Issues: I'm selling my 7.5 foot artificial tree.  No, I'm not abandoning my use of artificial, made-in-China trees.  I just need something smaller. the 7.5' tall tree is also about 7' wide and takes up the entire living room.  Hate it.  Hate it. Hate it.  I may end up using a real tree, but only if I can't find the perfect one....I'm a real pain in the ass when it comes to making a big, long term purchase like Christmas trees.  I'll shop this bitch to DEATH looking for the best deal, for the most natural looking tree, etc. Post up on Craigslist, let the fun begin!

School:


Tunes: I can't/won't deny that I've kicked up the Christmas music at work and in my car.  I'm all over it.  Gene Autry, Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Peggy Lee, Wham, etc.  And Bebe has Santa fever, baby.  Its gonna be a rockin' holiday season. 

More to share on Turkey Day soon!

Have a great weekend - Molly


1 comment:

genderist said...

You have a Gene Autrey Xmas cd?! Hmmm...

Post a Comment