Thursday, June 23, 2011

Road Trip Thursday

Lets see, I got up this morning at 5:30 so I could clean out the car. I passed on doing that last night so I could relax in front of the boob tube after a few hours of packing and foolin' with my iPod (why can't this be easier?) before going to bed. I've loaded up my little blue magic machine with some new Adam Carola and Marc Maron podcasts and new-to-me tunes from my "Shawn" collection on the old external hard drive. I'm really excited about the Jimmy Rogers Blue Yodel No. 9 record. I have to say that I'm getting better and faster at packing for these little trips. But I do hate the 5-6 trips back up stairs to grab the 5-6 little, yet important, things I can't seem to grab all at once. I was sweating up a storm this morning as I was walking out the door. Classy.

I'm sad to leave my old man today. I was hoping for a date night this weekend but that will have to wait until late next week. We are really hoping to hear some good news on the job front today or tomorrow. Send those good vibes/prayers to KY. I'd like something to celebrate.

I'm thinking of my friend Genderist and her family and hope they are all having a stellar time out west this week. I hope everyone sleeps in all week so she can have some time to herself...or more sleep.

I'd better go do some work and think happy thoughts.

Happy Thursday,
Molly

1 comment:

genderist said...

Ha! Those ten thousand little trips kill you. Just wait until you're nursing and have to go back because you forgot an alcohol swab -- then go back for a saline flush -- then go back because, yes, they decided they did want some pain medicine -- and then go back because they prefer the paper tape to the silk tape -- and then go back because, you know, maybe they should take some nausea medicine, too... :)

Post a Comment