Monday, May 9, 2011

Onward and Upward!

Molly-Five is alive!

I passed all my classes for my first semester of Nursing School. It was close, but its officially behind me now. That 3 months few by. Its amazing how fast things feel when you are busy during all possible waking hours. And the stress...that shit will make you old.

I had a great weekend. I feel refreshed, revived and renewed...more so than after my week away in the dessert for spring "break". I made a derby pie last night. It was ridiculously tasty and very easy. I'll post the recipe below. Only lost $20 on the Derby and drank many a mint julep. Amen for Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, amen.

Now my brain has transitioned on to new ventures: planning
for vacation at the beach (if we can afford the trip by then....I'm hopeful), getting the old man jobbed and thesis'ed, and getting on to a fun summer in the sun.

Its sunny outside and I can hardly stand it. Just kidding! Its a miracle that is going to end tomorrow, apparently. Might have to make a run to the park with Bebe again tonight, or at least go outside and blow bubbles.

Derby Pie, Y'all - Seriously easy, seriously good.

Mint Julep Recipe - I also found this to be fabulous....multiple times.

Happy Sunning,
Molly

2 comments:

genderist said...

I wasn't kidding when I said I'd dedicate my first 68 gray hairs to nursing school. Congrats for one behind you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on passing. Yes that stuff is hard, hard for most people, for most of us. Of course I never went through the training but I'm the father of a nurse who started as a candy stripper at age 14. You get through it, you've done well.

Post a Comment