Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Curbing the Carb Madness

Petit Bebe and I are so freaking excited about our road trip. We talk about it daily. We're actually staying in WV the full long weekend, so we will have a chance to recover from the journey before returning to Kentucky. I even cleaned and vacuumed out my car last night. It smells waaaaaay better.

Basically, I just want to play and visit with the old people. Maybe I'll have an opportunity to drive around town and take some pictures with my old camera. I told Dad that I'm cool with just being good food-wise. Let me splain: My mother has a tendency to go overboard with the food when we come to town, which I know she does out of love, but cellulite really sucks. It'll be homemade chex mix, pepperoni rolls (literally Italian bread rolls baked with pepperoni inside), candy, chips and iced christmas cookies... So in lieu of a health crisis, here's the note I just sent my mama to try to curb any of that madness:

Hi Mom,

Its official, we're headed up Friday and will be in until Monday. Thought I'd get this to you while its on my mind. I'm totally cool to just go easy on food and try to be good most of the time when we're home. I feel like I made up for plenty of lost time (food wise) the last time we were home and in Mississippi. Maybe one night we'll do a hoagie or something.
  • 1% Milk for Lilly (non-organic is just fine...I'd rather have 1% non-organic than 2% organic)
  • A few small boxes of frozen veggies (broccoli or peas are good) with cheese sauce for Lilly to eat.
  • No juice is necessary if you haven't already bought it. She can drink milk and water.
  • Fruit (bananas or apples)
  • A baked snack like gold fish or pretzels or something like that.
And then you all usually have the normal stuff like eggs and cheese and lunch meat n' stuff. So that'll be fine. I know you'll do what you wanna do but just consider this a guide.

Love ya,
MJ


So, who knows if that will work. I can't tell you the items I had on that list but decided to scratch off because I knew she'd get wrong (we just don't always speak the same food language). Now, my mom is a heart nurse and usually eats pretty healthy herself but still manages to blow it when we come barreling into town. I'll just grab a few must-have's for me and drop them in the cooler before I even get on the highway. Might even be a real jerk and pack the french press. I don't know why, maybe it's old age, but dad will make a pot and drink it for two days now. Or maybe, like I said, I'm a jerk.

Love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment