Friday, January 7, 2011

School's About Here and other news....

I start school/orientation type thingies on Tuesday. I'm excited, excited, excited. Financial aid came through, plus extra for child care. Next fall I hope to have a scholarship lined up because I don't want to be paying these loans off forever and ever, Amen. I just need my books, school supplies and some scrubs to get me started. I'm getting there, people! Its all coming together.

At least this time around, I know the following things:
A. What college is like
B. How hard Molly needs to study to get good grades (which is hard)
C. What my end goal is and how to achieve it

I didn't know shit from shinola the last time I did this, but that's about all you know at 18. I don't have to worry about lusting after boys that don't like me, or whether or not I'll keep that piercing and life's other unknowns. I already have a kid, I married a great guy, bought a house.... I sure hope my kids do something like Americorp before they run off to school all not knowing what they are doing. Hey, maybe I'll just make them do that...or hey, I'll give them a choice: Americorp, PeaceCorp, or they have to find a job as a ranch hand somewhere. Hard labor, that'll get them to think!

So next weekend, I'm doing potty boot camp, in tandem with Genderist. Its going to be epic. But although I love having that little bonding moment with my kid, she's totally ready to put her pee pee and poo poo in the potty. It will be also be a nice cost savings. I'll totally post about it for posterity.

Here's to a really wonderful, restful weekend. Stay warm out there. Go make some popcorn and watch movies. M'kay?

Molly

1 comment:

genderist said...

I'm just so excited that you're one step closer to being a nurse.

Post a Comment