Monday, January 10, 2011

A Long-Short Weekend

This past weekend went by really fast, but at times felt painfully slow in the moment. Bebe was a snot nosed kid all weekend and slept with us two out of three nights. She was also not in a great mood most of the time. Derek fevered at night and had the snots all weekend as well. Everyone was a hot mess. I now, awesomely, have the morning crud. It goes away after my shower, but I'm sure is building to a fabulous aria of snot and general misery. Hooray.

Some of our time-killing exercises included Bebe and I making a chicken pot pie and then later on, some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. She did a great job, but I really had to keep an eye on her with that chocolate chip cookie dough. She absolutely love, love, loved it. We'll be doing more of that in the future. Gotta get with dad to make that kitchen stand so I don't have to tie her to one of my dining room chairs with one of my scarves. Don't judge me, it works.

Snow is on the way again to the Bluegrass region. My friends in TN and NC already have snow and hopefully are just plain staying out of it. Tonight we have a 70% chance of snow and tomorrow an 80%. This is particularly annoying because my College of Nursing Orientation is tomorrow. I'm going to be perturbed if I don't get to go. Seriously perturbed. Either way, I'll be bringing in some firewood to dry, you know, just in cases.

3 Day Potty-Potty Boot Camp: Daddy, Bebe and I will be embarking on Potty Boot Camp this coming weekend. Much like Genderist (click here to see her plan), I too went shopping for the basics: underoos and a potty seat for the big toilet. I got 20 pairs of non-fancy teeny-weeny underwear and went with the Dora toilet seat cushion cover. Sometime this week, before Friday, I'll run back out to the la groceria and get salty snacks and drinks so she'll be sucking down liquids all day. Juice boxes, sprite, water and chocolate milk. Baked chips, chex mix, cheezy poofs, it'll all be there. Potty-Potty Time will be every 20 minutes or so. Should be an exciting weekend.

Should have some fun tales to share after orientation. Until then, live long and prosper.
Molly

1 comment:

genderist said...

Woo-Hoo! It's Pottypalooza!

Post a Comment