Friday, December 10, 2010

Body Building and Flat Tires....

Hello, its been a while. I've had visitors and have been very busy with work, school and life in general. I've also been starting my training with the Roller Derby team. I'm sore as hell. We had an "off skates" practice last week on campus. It was a full 1.5 hours of push ups, sit ups, lunges, tires, Heisman's, pilates, yoga, etc. It was fun and I kept up. However, the last two days have resulted in my needing to learn how to walk again. My thigh muscles, however bulging and beautiful, make things like going up and down stairs or just standing up really painful. I'm definitely doing a long hot soak tonight, followed by some icy hot. Update: after Saturday's actual on-skates roller derby practice, i've worked most of the pain out and have a few new boo-boos on my ass and sholder. Quickly healing. And although I've lost some weight, I can't seem to ditch this damned flat tire from having the baby a few years ago. Its my mommy curve, I suppose. But eventually, it will need to go.

The SIL was in Memphis last week visiting friends and returned Friday. Upon her return she baby sat petit bebe and then Daddy and I went on a proper date. We did a nice Indian buffet and shopping at the mall. Not too exciting, but it was nice to run away and just be together.

This weekend begins my very long Christmas vacation: 2 full weeks off. Paid. Last one of those for a long while and I'll be savoring every single minute. Most of my Amazon christmas orders arrived yesterday. I await an ebay purchase and need to do a few more things and then I'll be done with that. Just wrapping to do. Then on to Christmas cookies: Chocolate ginger bread and some chocolate dipped short breads.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment