Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time Flies...All the Time

Time has seriously flown by this year. Here we are in freakin' November already. What the H? Last night was election night. It was an bloody race all the way to the finish line. I'm sad, I'm relieved, and I'm scared for what is to come in the next 2 years. I would also like to say that we arrived at our polling place last night at 6:05PM. The polls officially closed at 6:00PM. They wouldn't let us vote and I bawled all the way home. So angry, so heartbroken, inconsolable. Well, that is until Bebe saw me and asked me why "mama sad?" That kid is more amazing to me every day.

Bebe and I are driving to WV Friday evening to visit with the family. We are due for some hugs and visiting time. I just want an excuse to run away with my baby for a few days, laundry be damned. I'll deal with it next week. Sunday I'll return just in time to go to Roller Derby practice. That should be fairly exciting.

3 weeks until the in-laws arrive for Thanksgiving. I think they will be surprised at how much Bebe has changed since they saw her last. She's a real good communicator now and she might even be more adept at the whole potty thing by then (or not). I'm also thinking that this year's celebration will be slightly lower key than last year. Bored? Go read chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Halloween was a blast, but now its time to move into the holiday season. Its my favorite time of year and I am so ready for it. I will be venturing into the wide world of "exterior illumination" this year. I'm putting on my Clark W. Griswold, Jr. hat because I'm finally ready. Lets do this.

Lets go make the yule tide gay, baby,
Molly

1 comment:

genderist said...

I want to hear more stories about how Bebe is owning the potty.

Post a Comment