Friday, November 12, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On, y'all

When I pulled a new checkbook out of the box this morning, I pulled out a register as well. I haven't kept a register in years, probably not since college when I had my first debit card. And let me tell you, I didn't keep it very well. These days I live almost pay check to pay check, so its time to start keeping detailed accounts of the monies we are spending. Primarily using a debit card makes it disappear oh, so quickly. I also have a balance on my credit card that makes me nervous, so I am going to start working harder to avoid using so I can whittle the balance down. It will be tough, but is doable.

I have a big weekend coming up, including shopping and a war on Squirrels. Our house has wood siding and its about 30 years old. It has taken a beating from the weather, etc. Now the squirrels in the neighborhood are trying to make their winter homes there and they've been telling their friends how easy it is to get in through the handy holds they have made. Many of the holes have been patched, but no matter, they just make another...right next to the one you've just patched. Its disheartening. What it comes down to is that we need new siding on two sides of our house. The rest of the house is fine. So on Saturday we will be hosing the siding down with some "critter ridder" spray (it smells like deer piss), patching holes that we can reach and installing a critter ridder device in the attic. I will keep you posted on the results of these pending efforts.

Have a super awesome weekend,
Molly

1 comment:

Joseph Hogan Wilks said...

Good luck with the squirrels, they can definitely be a pain, My uncle had a squirrel problem, when he redid part of his house and tore down the walls, there were thousands of acorns in the wall instead of fiberglass insulation. No wonder the heating bill was so high. Instead of credit cards, have you considered an alternative payment provider? What about putting a balance on a check card this way you can only spend so much at a time?

Post a Comment