Thursday, June 10, 2010

Recharged, Refreshed, Renewed

Ok, not really, vacation isn't for another 5 weeks. But after this week's conclusions on life and the future, I'm feeling a lot more relaxed in general. No feelings of anxiety-causing uncertainty about what city we are going to live in, needing to find a fulltime job for my husband, how in the hell I’m going to go to school, how we’re going to pay all the bills, constantly dipping into our savings to cover our ass the last few months, why does roller derby have to be so freaking expensive, realizing that we really can’t afford to go on a date, etc, etc.

It’s all going to be ok. We’ve set realistic goals for school/work, we’re cutting back on our spending, extracurriculars , eating out and overall lazy living. I’ve been taking care of the yard, growin’ herbs (herbs, not herb), and getting back to real cooking/chefing it up in the kitchen like The Ripper. I’ve even been running 3-4 mornings a week. I had been planning a BBQ for Saturday night, but I’m pulling out due to low RSVP numbers. It’s not worth the stress, work and money that I’d have to spend to pull it all together, especially after having guests and/or travelling for the last 3 consecutive weekends. I just want to make a watermelontini and drink it on the back porch with some tunes. I want to play in the baby pool with Lilly and work on my freckle tan. I want to plant some more tomatoes and spread mulch. I want to get ready for the beach. I want to keep my house clean. I want to get creative again. Baby, I want to live!

Goal: I am going to attempt to keep this blog more light, entertaining and informative. Recipes, personal humiliations (the funny kind), short stories, and maybe the occasional op-ed. Maybe I’ll think of some fun weekly features. TBD.

Love, Peace and Apple Grease,
Molly

P.S. Go take the beer poll...over there on the right, down a little.

1 comment:

genderist said...

My most favorite is actually Coors Light, but it wasn't there, so I chose the beast. I also like Rolling Rock, but it wasn't listed, either.

I'm also terribly disappointed to not see the special KY symbol I suggested...

Post a Comment