Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Plan

My husband and I finally have some vision about our future in Kentucky. Let me define this for you. In recent history, I have indicated flippant ideas about moving to one state or another (Utah, West Virginia and North Carolina come to mind), but the reality of that isn't, well, real. We've done as much research as we can. We've looked at jobs, schools, houses, and pros/cons until our eyes bleed. We've made spreadsheets and we've talked about it until the cows come home and we're about done.

I will be applying to the College of Nursing at the end of the summer. Fate willing, I'll get in and start school next January. Meanwhile, husband will continue/finish his Master's thesis and get a job as a counselor so that he can officially pursue his licensure as an MFT. What living expenses he can't cover in salary, we'll get a loan for. My current employer, a large University, has a program for new nurses where they will pay for tuition in exchange for you working here following graduation for a set period of time. I'm going to apply for and hopefully get that scholarship this fall. When I am finished with school and am working, husband will most likely go back to school to obtain his law degree. That should take another two years. Then we'll decide what is next for us. Don't really know if, how or when baby number two comes into play...we'll play that one by ear.

When its all said and done, living in Kentucky isn't half bad. My folks are close enough. His parents can fly out when they want. Our sisters can visit whenever they want. I've made some pretty good friends here and we have some great friends in near-by cities (xoxo C, D and M, come visit!) that will be nice to still be close to.

My name is Molly. This is my story. I'm sticking to it.

Hope this finds you all well, come visit.

1 comment:

genderist said...

Yay! I'm all for it. Sounds like a great plan to me!

Post a Comment