Friday, June 11, 2010

Penny's Salad Onions

I absolutely cannot stand raw onions. They stink, they make my breath stink, they burn and they give me gas. Maybe they do that to you too. The MIL Penny made these onions that are basically quick-pickled in some vinegar, which cooks them eeeeeeever so slightly. They are really great on a salad and I'd bet that they would rock on a (Kosher) hot dog or burger.

Ingredients:
Red Onion
Balsalmic or Redwine vinegar (or both)
Salt and pepper

Slice your onion super thin. You can slice as much or as little as you’d need for your salad. Place onions in a bowl and toss with a few tablespoons of vinegar along with some salt and pepper. You really can use whatever kind of vinegar you want. Just toss them well in the vinegar and let them sit on the counter for a few hours until it’s time to eat.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to share with you the greatest salad dressing evahhhh: Girard's Champaigne Salad Dressing. Its a little pricey, but it will make your summer salads that much sweeter. Go get some!

Happy Friday to You!

1 comment:

The 4th Doctor said...

They stink, they make my breath stink, they burn and they give me gas.

Yes...this explains much.

Post a Comment