Friday, April 16, 2010

The Hot List

So, the last 3 weeks about killed me/us. Let me give you the shit list of whats and whys.

1. The family truckster died while my husband was driving the baby home one afternoon. I had to not go to class, pick them up and take them home, call for a tow and run back for the second half of my class. Result? Ebay car= Totally Dead.

2. The rental car cost us about 300 because we don't have awesome insurance. But at least the tow is covered

3. This week my little granny mobile died. It died the day we were going to take the rental back. So lucky for us we got to spend another hundred and keep the rental for two days. So I had it towed to find out that it just needs some tune-up love. So long another 300.

4. We went to pick up the granny mobile so that we could return the rental...only to find out that it had been towed to a different location, one that I didn't realize existed...that is conveniently located across town! So we drove over there, got the car, drove all the way back across town to drop off the rental and get to work late. Luckily I work for nice peeps.

5. I took the big CNA test on Monday. I won't know if I passed for 6 weeks. But lucky for me I spent an entire day being really nervous and sick to my stomach. I really have no idea how I did. We'll see. At least it is all behind me. I am walking away with some new friends, a great learning experience and an important beginning to my education.

6. Taxes. We've been so wrapped up in everything else that taxes have slipped our minds, kind of. We got them submitted last night only to find out this morning that they were rejected due to an error. Hoo-fucking-ray. I corrected them this morning adn resubmitted. We'll see what the fall-out of this ends up being, outside of the 200 extra dollars we now owe.

7. So my husband found a car located in Cincinnati, used, warranty, good price, etc. So we hopped in the car on Sunday morning and made the 1.5 hour drive up there only to get there and find out that someone had bought it 30 minutes before we got there. Awesome.

8. We found a replacement car, newer with warranty (!), in WV. So we're off to get it this weekend. But we're not counting this as a win until we are actually home in KY with both cars, working.

9. The other night, I was walking back to the living room with my light ice cream and laptop. Guess what I dropped and broke? It wasn't the ice cream!

Over all, we have our health and each other. But the stress of the money shit is about to kill me. I'm ready for a break from life. I'm ready for something different. Calgon, take me away. No, seriously. Get me the fuck out of here.

1 comment:

genderist said...

Gag. GagGagGagGagGagGag.

Post a Comment