Wednesday, January 27, 2010

As you can see...

I was sick and tired of looking of that happy picture of "Kentucky in Winter" on the title bar, so I've changed it to go along with our current predicament of where to live (Utah vs. WV). The below are not big picture items, just the little things that I ponder on occasion as I consider the two possibilities.

Winding country roads or straight, lonely stretches of desert highway.

Constant sand boogers or summer humidity.

My family or his family.

Mormons or run of the mill Christians.

Dry, orange dirt that doesn't really grow anything or damp, brown dirt that I can plant tomatoes and peppers in.

Lots of Mexican food options or lots of Italian food options.

Mild, dry winters or cold, precipitous winters.

Vacations to Colorado and California or vacations to the North Carolina coast.

Weekend getaways to Las Vegas or weekend getaways to Pittsburgh.

No local great grandparents or all local great grandparents.

Mormon Fundamentalists or Backwoods Hillbillies.

I'd very much like a nice glass of red wine right now, but I'm at work. So that's a no-go. Instead I'll pop on down the street for a cup of coffee (my day time drug of choice).

Thanks for reading this slightly random post.

1 comment:

genderist said...

I'm always game for a glass of red wine. :)

My question is if you've reserved the name "greetings from utah" for blogger yet...

Post a Comment