Monday, December 7, 2009

Around and around we go, where she stops, nobody freakin' knows.

I've been waiting a good 6 months or so for my husband to be ready and now is the time. Time for what, you ask? Oh, only the same shit I've been blogging about since I started the first one back in St. Louis. Get ready, here it comes.

The question we ask ourselves every blue moon is: What's keeping us here? Well, there isn't a whole lot keeping us here in Kentucky. Yes, we bought this house just last year, but its only a house. We could sell it if we had to and we'll make a profit either way, thanks to the wonders of purchasing a foreclosure. Where would we go?

He and I have talked alot lately about how nice it would be to live close to family. With the baby and being practically on our own, dude its hard. Now, he's willing to consider moving close to my family, aka, moving to my hometown. I'd consider moving close to his parents too, I'd like to add, but I have no desire to move that far from my roots (or to the desert). This is something that we just haven't allowed ourselves to truly sit down and consider in real life terms before. Before now, there have always been big picture reasons not to move there: jobs, long/hard winters, social climate, jobs, jobs, etc. etc. However, where I'm from is actually a pretty neat little corner of the world. It has its good and its bad, like any place, but the best part is that we would have a network of family/friends close buy. What a world of good that would be for us. Yes, I have good friends here, but none of them have kids and we don't really spend boat loads of time with them socially. So, what we have here is a nice house and full time jobs. Call me selfish, but I want more for us, if possible.

He is going to spend the winter/spring working and finishing his thesis and I another pre-nursing course. At some point between now and the completion of those things, we'll both start applying for jobs and see what happens from there. It could very well result in absolutely nothing. Until then, we'll continue to talk, weigh the odds, and make sure we aren't doing something completely insane.

North Carolina, I still love you. And one day, we'll be together. But I just might have to postpone my visit for a while.

1 comment:

The 4th Doctor said...

You will get there. This place is a temporary stop. I definitly think you need to be close to family. They are your life. Baby needs gramma and grampa too. It's just a matter of time. Go and find your passion!

Post a Comment