Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Baby Sleeps on her Belly, Big Lots and Landscaping

Now that Lilly is rolling over and such, she does so in her sleep. So she sleeps mainly on her belly and on her side. There's just nothing quite like watching her sleep, breathe her sweet baby breath and suck her thumb (her newest trick). It brings me great peace and fills me up with love. She's full, she's warm, she's comfortable, she's happy. We're very, very lucky.

Lilly and I made a trip to Big Lots. What can I say, its just not as exciting as it used to be. They have expanded their line of crap to include some "fancy" home goods (see cheap Martha) that is way over priced. I'll take Old Time Pottery anyday. But they do still have some great teas. In the end, I walked away with some nice decaf Chai, Peeps and a few rose bushes. I'm excited to see how they fair.

Speaking of, I managed to do some landscaping this afternoon. We have a few areas around the house that need a lot of work and a few spots that we worked on last year that aren't so bad. That is where I spent my time today. I picked up a few plants and a shit load of cypress mulch from Lowes this weekend. I seem to be getting better at picking plants out. If this was old Molly, I'd have picked flowers out willy-nilly, not read the labels to see what is appropriate for my space and absolutely no color scheme. Anyways, I weeded and mulched and put the flowers around the mail box and in some big pots on the back porch. Its shaping up. Still lots more ahead of me though. I have a funny story that I'll share tomorrow about digging a hole in one of the planters that sit against the back patio. It'll make you giggle...or gag.

Here's hoping for a good week...I really need it,
Molly Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment