Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Been Climbin' Out.

I've been spending the last two weeks digging myself out of a hole that I fell in this past fall and it was way deeper than I knew.  For a few days there after summer school ended, it really felt like I'd been gone for a long time and that I needed to get used to being home again.  But not in a fun, post-vacation kind of way.

I'm actually doing things again.  What things, you ask?  Things like cook dinner, watching a lot of TV, exercise, sewing, talking to old friends that I've missed dearly, visiting my family, laughing, playing with the monkey, sleeping, having a drink, day dreaming, taking care of the house, keeping up with the laundry.  These things don't seem that exciting, but when you are consumed by stress of many colors, you forget.

In all of the things I've listed above, there's a few still missing that I'm just not ready for yet: reading books and being more active on my blog/podcast.  I just don't have it in me at the moment, but I'm getting closer.  I guess my tank is empty and needs to be re-filled with experiences, hugs, laughter and contemplation. 


Sadly, I must report that the great Appalachian Roundabout of 2012 won't be happening this summer as far as I know.  The timing is off a bit with Baby Sister's WV visit, which is perfectly fine.  She's off with the Baptists at camp deep in the mountains of WV getting her own personal reboot. I might see if I can talk her in to coming down to KY for a few days next week just to play.  In about two weeks, we head off to the beach in SC.  Its a new place and we're getting excited.  You know me, I love the drive and the sites and the ocean.  Maybe I'll use vacation as my Appalachian Roundabout instead...but I may have to rename it Appalachian T-Bone instead.  I'm just excited to be back in a place where they make fresh boiled peanuts and baby crabs occasionally pinch your toes.  I must see about growing my own peanuts in KY.  Or, well, you know, move east!

Love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment