Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer Plans Arise from the Ashes


  • Appalachian Roundabout:  A wild and wooly road trip starring Myself, Baby-Sister and the Monkey (Petite Bebe). A "girls trip," if you will.  So far, the plan is to start in KY and travel in a circle to see family starting in OH, then WV, then NC, then back to KY.  We're hammering out details and dates.  We will be posting some notes, pics and interviews from the road. I promise to deliver the goods this time. I'll have help this time around so you should anticipate some excellent summer entertainment for my faithful 5 readers/listeners. Truth be told, I'm desperate to drive over those misty mountains when the sun comes up. Picture credit to Chatchai. Dude has some amazing photos, so go have a look.
  • Vacation to the Beach: My immediate lovies, the parents and Baby Sister will be gathering in South Carolina (gasp!) for our annual summer beach trip.  We're "trying something different" according to mom.  My prediction is that this place is exactly the same as our usual spot in NC, just further south.  As always, you'll get my full post vacation commentary and review.
  • Summer Kick-off Trip to Nash-Vegas: This weekend, Monkey and I start our summer of fun by attending a wedding in my beautiful, former Nashville, TN.  We will be heading out Friday evening after work/school and driving 3 hours south west.  My dear friends have offered their home for us despite being out of town in FL.  I'll be going solo, so I don't think I'll have time for much other than keeping the Monkey entertained. Better remember to pack the Tinker-Bell night light.  We're finishing off the weekend with Sunday breakfast at the Loveless Cafe.  Its a place that I actually lived fairly close to but never got to go.  Its likely the breakfast of my dreams and Gluten Free living will be off the menu that morning.  Biscuits are eminent.
  • Other trips happening but not on the books yet.  Stay tuned. 

Go have a gander at our Roundabout loop and make suggestions. Leave suggestions in the comments box below. Sites to see or, more importantly, eats to eat!


 I'm so happy to have time to write/daydream again.  More in a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment