Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Semester in the Rear View

Another painful, taxing semester of nursing school is behind me.  I can almost relax but I don't have yesterday's final grade posted yet.  This semester was focused on Pediatrics and OB.  OB was big for me because that was the experience that drew me into nursing in the first place.  Now that I've seen it, I don't think that's my thing.  It's still very interesting and its amazing just how many things can go wrong in pregnancy, labor and delivery and in the postpartum period. Peds is an absolute NO-GO for me. Not after a kid who will never ever get to taste food again because of swallowing some toxic chemicals used in the family meth lab.  No thanks. I think I prefer med-surg and oncology nursing.  Hopefully I'll get to do my intensive "synthesis" semester in that area.

I do have a summer course starting next week, but it only lasts about a month and I'm not sweating it.  Hopefully I can breeze through it and get it behind me.  Microbiology.  Jealous much?  I thought so.

More shows coming very soon to an iTunes download near you.  Road trips.  Vacations.  Kiddy pools.  Bourbony drinks and boiled peanuts.  Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment