Wednesday, October 12, 2011

7 Days or So Later...

After 7 days and nights of not eating meat and dairy, I'm here to report that I'm hella sick of beans and sweet potatoes.  Its very difficult to plan separate meals or even modify meals with no meat, dairy, oils, flavor, etc.  But really, the eating part wasn't bad at all.  I don't mind not eating meat, as previously mentioned, but its not a cheap practice.  And I'm having a hard time with the idea of not being able to have frozen yogurt on occasion.  So now that I've experienced a week of this thing and have a better understanding of how it all works, I'm going to find what the Buddha calls "The Middle Way".  I think that's pretty self explanatory but I'll detail: I'm going to stick with the soy milk,  little to no oils, and remain mostly meat free.  I'm going to enforce a rule at home that requires at least 2 meals during the week to be meat free.  A. Meat is expensive. B. Don't need it!

Aaaaand, does anyone remember how much I want chickens?  Well damnit, I still want chickens!  I can't deny myself the need and desire to raise, eat the eggs of and eventually slaughter chickens in my very own suburban back yard.  After I get this next test behind me, I'm going to get crackin' on that coop before the weather gets too cold.  Hell, one more thing on the list of things I do suppose.

Love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment