Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday by the Numbers

1. I've been trying to cut back on sugar and artificial sweeteners. Not an easy task, but I can tell you that my tastes have already changed. Half a pack of Splenda has some punch now. I like it. I'm also trying to cut back on the soda, which will be hard for me. I loves my Diet Coke and Diet Sundrop, both equally evil and delicious.

2. My Papaw (dad's dad) gave me one of his three weed eaters. He gave me a thorough instruction on how to mix the gas with the fancy oil. Once I get it going, I'm basically going to strip my back yard and start over, nice and neat. I'll need to get some of that tonight when Lilly and I make a Walmart run. We are getting that stuff and hopefully a pool! Genderist got this awesome hard plastic kiddie pool with a little built-in slide. I had one like that when I was a kid, but it was green and shaped like a turtle. Too bad they don't have any of those. But the real trick will be getting the pool home, I hope it fits in the little red Family Truckster.

3. I still really want some chickens. Live, egg laying, bug eating, squawky, bitchy chickens.

4. Today is warmer and less humid and that makes me happy.

5. I stayed on the elliptical this morning for the full 30 minutes.

6. I'm actually going to survive this morning without drinking the office coffee. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

7. The blog show is going fair but still needs some work. It will improve over time. I will be patient about this.

8. I had a Mom Blog once. It was off to a good start, but there were just so many others out there that I figured it would get lost in the already existing ocean of parenting blogs. But it was cool. And it had a bitchin' logo, thanks to awesome Donna.

9. I'm a little worried we won't be able to afford to go on vacation this year. My parents are renting the beach house, so it would just be travel costs. But that ain't cheap these days. Either way, it is a gift to even have the opportunity.

10. Day two of this mental exercise is going well. I'm steady, I'm calm. No manic ups or downs, no worries about the past or future, just a resolve focus on the here and now.

11. Last night I pulled out the stove and cleaned behind and underneath and scrubbed the encrusted food that gets trapped between the counter edge and the stove. It was gross, but now it is clean!

12. My mama gave me this large, rounded clear coffee cup that was a give-away at work. Seeing the warm color of my tea makes it taste better. Thank you!

13. Just took the internet service off of our cell phones to save a little monies. We weren't really using it that much. But we still have the ability to send pictures, or so they told me. I'm feelin' good about this. I wonder how else I might save some cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment