Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Countdown, but not the Final Countdown.

The Final Countdown only applies to impending births of which there are none that I am aware of in my house. The Countdown is 3 days, including today, until I am officially finished with this semester. I'm so done that I'm done. Did I mention that I'm done?

I haven't written much in the last 3 months because I've been busy juggling school, family and work. I don't like that mix so much that I'm dumping work next semester if I can help it. I just want to survive this week.

Friday, after I take my patho final, I will probably sit in the car and cry before I pick up bebe. Then the celebration can begin. I'm so excited to live in a space in time where I can not be constantly carrying stress about school, grades, studying, guilt and a dirty house. Were I can sit down in the evening after I put bebe down and just watch some TV...or bake some cookies or muffins....or go work out. Geez, imagine the possibilities. I got a few gift cards at work this week as a belated "secretary's day" gift. So Friday we get free dinner and dessert and that's pretty awesome. "We" are going to clean the house this weekend. That means that I'll be cleaning the house this weekend.

Next week I make a solo trek to Mississippi to watch my baby sister graduate from grad school. I'm so excited to see her. This will also be my first big trip away from Bebe, so that is making me kind of crazy inside. I'm starting to wonder if I could buy another ticket and just take her with me... Nope, none available. Oh well. I'm sure it'll all be fine.

We'll do some trips to WV this summer and our eventual trip to NC in late July (really need to talk Mom into scheduling these earlier in the summer). The Focker's will be here some time this summer, so that will be fun too.

Other plans:
Back yard sand box!
Another blow up pool for cheap summer fun.
Veggie Garden. I have the wood for the box, just need to slap that puppy together.
I still want chickens, damnit. May not happen this year. We'll see. Maybe I'll actually get over to Southern States this weekend...especially since I'll have allllllll that time.

I always make big plans, because why the hell not? If I just pass my last final and get the house cleaned this weekend, I'll be a happy girl come Monday.

Happy Summer Planning,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment