Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rainy Days and Tuesdays Always Make Me Tired and Wet

Its the wet season here in the Bluegrass state. Lots of towels by the back door for mud spread prevention tactics. About recovered from the weekend trip to WV to visit the old folks. We had a great time, Bebe and I. Lots of magical hugs and kisses for the great grandparents as they all needed it. I spent most of my driving time listening to Marc Maron's WTF podcasts. Really good stuff, I encourage you all to "subscribe" stat. I honestly can't get enough. Luckily, he does two broadcasts a week. Whew! I find the process of uploading music to my iPod so grueling that the only thing I really use it for now is podcasts. Magic, I say! Every time I take a small break from writing this post, I instinctively reach over to grab the iPod and start another show up for my listening pleasure.

Ok, I gave in and plugged in. He's ranting about overeating and manic behaviors and thoughts in general (that I totally share). Love him.

The end of the semester is upon me. I'm incredibly tired and non-motivated on many levels. I know what I need to do to pass my courses so that I can move on to next year. I have been having feelings of doubt and anger about this nursing program. My dear friend Genderist continues to tell me that she had a similar experience, etc. etc. That just enrages me even more. Why is everything so disorganized and willy-nilly and hoopy (meaning lots of hoops to fucking jump through). I just want to tell them "yeah, i'll probably be back next year...but fuck you for this one!" Just from the absolute get go until about two weeks ago, just absolute insanity. I'm pretty burned and so are my classmates. And I can only sit around and talk about how angry it makes me but that shit just makes me more angry, so I'm just going to leave it here. Done.

If I am really honest with myself, I'm not really sure how I feel about this nursing program and if I can continue. However, I know I want to be a nurse, I really love my classmates and would like to be with them until we finish...if we all finish. So there's that shit. I'd like to just sit on it this summer and see how things progress with my old man's job search and thesis-finishing. Its all happening...

And now for something completely different,
Molly

1 comment:

Mady Mack said...

Just see it through. You're tough, and if you want to be a nurse that badly, then put up with the shit. You have to play their game. It's all a game.

Love, Your Sister

Post a Comment