Friday, March 18, 2011

Post Vacation Joy Fail

Vacation was great, but it was much too short this time around. Also, I'm less sure about anything now than I was before I left. I have no idea what to do about it either. Suppose I'll just push on through and try to survive this semester. I'm just done. Checked out. Insecure. Overworked. I'm kind of at that point where I'd love to be a stay at home mom. I need to knock that off because it is not an option in any way. I'm ready to sell the house, pack up and try to start over someplace new. New stressors and old. I'm doing lots of stress eating. We have ants, a shit ton that we poisoned around the house for before we left. And here they are a week later! Thriving and entering the house in a different location. I have a husband who doesn't know what to do with his life and no motivation to finish his @3*&)*!!(+* thesis. Oh, and thanks to all the budget cutting in the world, he's probably going to lose his part time grant job. I'm about ready to shut down the cable and the gym so we can pinch pennies even more.

But today wasn't so bad really. We pulled in the driveway around 9AM est (BTW, we left Vegas at 12:20AM vegas time, flew 4 hours to Cincinnati and then drove an hour home. Oh, and my bag with wheels busted during flight so we had to go and pull a massive amount of clothing into a free bag from Delta.) When we got here I paid the dog sitter and then we all crawled into bed until about noon or one. We were so zonked that we forgot to close the garage door before falling over. The SIL went to spend the night with her non-boyfriend-boyfriend, also good as we all needed a break from one another. We have some groceries and I made some granola today. Breakfast tomorrow will be exciting. Did I also mention that I am in need of a new coffee maker? I have my sites on a fancy one that I shouldn't buy but will be buying anyways because I am an adult and free to make occasional selfish decisions. So there you go, judge away. I know I am...and will.

Its late, my hours are all screwed, Bebe is wide awake, hubby is whiney and I am in no mood. I have two more days to get homework done, study and get my general shit together. Wish me luck.

Happy....wait, what day is this again?

1 comment:

genderist said...

Yay! Welcome back home! Glad you made it back -- very eager to hear about how "packing light" worked for you, especially regarding bebe's in-flight and post-flight entertainment.

Post a Comment