Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Molly's Old Resolutions, Vol 1: 2006

I thought it would be hilarious to look at my old posted blog resolutions and comment on them.

Original Post, Wednesday January 4. 2006
I know some think that resolutions are silly, and sure, they kinda are. However, its good to have some goals for the year. I am sure this list will evolve over the year, as it should. Here goes the first draft.

1. Read all the books in the pile on my night stand. - Done!
2. Less crappy, commercial-ly TV (we have already removed the TV from the bedroom), and watch more movies - Hahahahahahahahahahaha....
3. Almost always eat dinner at the table, not in front of the TV - Ok, most of the time.
4. Lose 15-20 lbs. - I think I actually did this..a few years later.
5. Finish up my steno studies and get certified (to be a Court Reporter, aka: the back-up plan). Uhhhhh, no. I did not continue to pursue my steno studies. Maybe I'll add this to my list for this year. Can't hurt to have a back up, right?
6. Buy a house…somewhere. Check!
7. Go to Las Vegas! Check, check, check!
8. Be more mindful of my thoughts and actions. Yes, this was the year I studied Buddhism. I could do it in 2006, but not in 2007.
9. Go to the dentist…it's been a while. Check.
10. Stop shopping at Wal-Mart. Hahahahahahahahahaha...I was so young then.
11. Start working towards my teaching certificate. Check, then uncheck.
12. More time with my family. Check!
13. Drink less soda/coffee, more water/tea. Ahem, speaking of coffee, I could use a warm-up.
14. Practice my Samurai Sword more. Awe, man! I miss my samurai sword practicing. I killed my DVD. If only I had another DVD. Maybe next year.
15. Run a half-marathon. Nope.
16. Plan a 2006 trip to Guatemala for cousin's wedding. Nope. Sorry, Diana, but I did go to the Ohio version.
17. Start buying Christmas presents this summer. Fail.
18. Master the art of making seafood gumbo. Maybe when I get my beach house, I ain't tackling this one in KY.
19. Listen to more reggae. I do remember listening to lots of Bob that winter, and still do today.
20. Think less, and "just be" more. Fail. Total fail.
21. Send more hand written letters, post cards, etc. to family and friends. Fail.

Well, that's it for the first edition of Molly's Old Resolutions. Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment