Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cookies, Love, Perspective

I officially began started vacation yesterday. Daddy and Bebe were off at work and day care and I had the house to myself to do laundry and finish up some cookies. It was nice.

The last week has been a tad stressful and harried, but it was still fun. My parents have been having an adventure helping with all the grandparents and my uncle who recently broke his hip (and subsequently had to have surgery...last week). And one of my aunts who normally comes in from NC is bailing to spend Christmas with her son who doesn't every really have anything to do with this family. Sometimes I hate him for staying away...sometimes I can be more understanding. He has his pretty wife, big house, 4 dogs, job, and he and his wife live it quietly and in their own world. I can kind of respect it, disengaging from memories of former drama forever and ever. I just want us all to be together sometimes, even if I don't really know him anymore. His absence is always felt. However, big love and hugs and lots of laughing coming my way this week and I couldn't be happier about it. I love my family, I am a lucky girl.

I am also lucky in the way of friends. I keep re-realizeing how wonderful, unique, intelligent and caring they all are. All of them. They all bring something important into the fore front for me. Now, if I can just figure out how in the hell to get them all in the same place more often...or you know, my ass to TN.

I everyone a safe and happy Christmas and holiday season. And next month when we all realize that there are a good 2-3 solid months of winter left, we'll break out the Jimmy Buffet and margaritas together.

Love,
Molly

1 comment:

genderist said...

I'll spring for better than ashtray tequilla and fancy salt for the glasses.

Post a Comment