Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nice Lady from Zimbabwe or Molly's New Do

I went to get my hair cut last night by a nice white lady from Zimbabwe. It was probably one of the best cuts I've had, ever. Kim came to me by recommendation from someone who also has curly hair. She cut it dry to get the shape right, then she "cleansed" it and dried me under the dryer. One of the problems I had with the whole experience was that I was there for 2 hours. I'm not the kind of girl who plans on 2 hours at the beauty parlor to get her hair done. She very meticulously cut my hair for a good hour, then most of the second hour was spent under the dryer. She talked to herself as she cut, saying things like "ok, I like the graduation..." and "Yes, I like it" and "Yes, this is coming along quite nicely, its going to be really cute" in her fabulous Zimbabwean accent. Its almost as though she was selling the concept and hair cut to me as she went along. I think that ultimately she wanted to see how it looked styled and shaped before sending me on my way.

I was disappointed, but not totally surprised, when she gave me a total of $55 for my hair cut. It was a nice place and she cut a shit load (seriously, it was massive) of hair off my head. I gave her a generous tip of $10. $65 for a hair cut that will last me a good 3 months. I don't know if I'll go back there, as that's pretty expensive. I normally spend about $30. But in the end, I suppose its worth a little money once in a while to let some one fix you up and make you feel like a new woman. And I sure do.

On that note, I'm sending positive vibes via magic fingers to my good friend Genderist today.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Thanks for the good vibrations!

You know, you could always go halfsies with it ... every other time go to her. The next time you can get the $30 cut, then go back to her and let her fix it again.

The 4th Doctor said...

"Beauty parlor"? Wow that term takes me back.

Post a Comment