Monday, September 13, 2010

Magic Mama

I'm tard, as Genderist would say. We had another long night with Bebe ending up in our bed, kicking and rolling as she slept and constantly waking up mommy and daddy. I'm starting to think that she needs something more comforting in her bed. Maybe not, maybe this is just going to suck for a while.

I had an awesome weekend with Bebe. We played and played, we went to the park, we went to the Library, we went shopping. While we were out on our shopping adventure yesterday (and listening to the Willy Wonka soundtrack) I realized what a gift it is to see the magic in her eyes. That same magic that my parents experienced with me. Everything is new and exciting. I also have the pleasure of creating magic for her. Its like getting to be a child all over again...almost. The most amazing sound in my world is her getting up in my face and happily saying "Hi, Mama!" and telling me all about her day in her own jabbery way. There's just nothing better than this.

And, I think Christmas is going to be pretty exciting this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment