Monday, July 26, 2010

Back at it.

We are back from vacation and I'm back in the groove at work today. Its nice. I tried having lunch with my husband and it turns out I'm kind of sick of spending time with him. I'm really appreciating my "alone" time today. And by "alone" I mean "away from my husband and child". Don't think poorly of me, I'm just "keepin in real".

Vacation was wonderful. I found my inner little girl. I suppose I left her there years ago, thinking I couldn't keep her and have a baby. Turns out they can exist together. I also discovered that I need her. So there. We had some awesome adventures. We rented bikes, one with a kid seat in back for Bebe, and went "Weeeeee" around the island a bit. Bebe had a blast playing in the sand, running free along the beach and jumping waves in the water with Mama, Aunt Sis, Mimi and Dada. We had lots of great food and ice cream most nights. I got to walk down to the little island once with my Dad. I wanted a bit more alone time, but everyone wanted to hang so that's what we did. Husband, Sister and I went to see Inception and it rocked hardcore. It was fun listening to Sister and Husband go back and forth about the somewhat confusing ending. Husband, Bebe and I also went for an adventure to Myrtle Beach to Ripley's Aquarium. It was fun (expensive) until it became too crowded to walk. But we got a good hour in before escaping the madness of the Redneck Riviera (aka Myrtle Beach). I can officially say that I never want to eat fast food again. Ever. I don't even want French fries for the next 6 months or so. Even if they are home made or the good frozen organic ones. No fries! I could also do without any SpongeBob SquarePants (aka "BobBob!") for a while but Lilly likes it in the car, so there. And its really cute and funny, so there there.

I got to spend some quality time with Baby Sister. We had some good talks and we need more. She's pretty amazing. She also needs more time with Bebe, so we'll work on doing more Skyping at supper time. Its tough raising a kid so far from your family.

Well, back to a monster transcription. Will have pictures up sometime this week to view.

Peace out,
Molly

1 comment:

genderist said...

So glad you had a good trip! And that you found your inner Jane.

That rocks.

I'll eat your french fries for the next six months. :) Mmm...

Post a Comment