Monday, September 21, 2009

Miscellaneous Post

Life with Bebe: Its almost been one whole year since Petit Bebe came into the world. Life is so different. My brain is different. The relationship between myself and my spouse is different. The relationship I have with myself is different. I've fallen from the top of the heap when it comes to "most important" or "favorite" and Petit Bebe has taken my place. I'm good with it. That's what is supposed to happen. And besides, she's the best thing to happen since Dairy Queen (because who gives a shit about sliced bread).

Magic: My dad once said (regarding my inability to believe in the Christian God) that once I had a baby that I'd change my mind or "see the light." Well dad, nothing like that has happened. But I have found that I do believe that magic exists in the world and that harnessing or weilding that magic is a special gift. And that I see magic when I look in Petit Bebe's perfect, blue, twinkling eyes.

Birthday: I have been on this earth for almost 30 years. Turning 30 is an event that should be celebrated and I plan on celebrating big this year. I've been a real good girl for most of those 30 years, but for this party I plan on being a little more on the bad side. Its hard for me to admit my desire to throw down because although I want it so badly, I have a baby now. But then again, maybe that makes me more entitled.

Purpose: After so many years of searching, I've found that one can indeed have a true calling. That actually does happen. Whats funny is that it was right under my nose for ever. I just couldn't grasp it without a special experience to draw me closer to it. But I'm working towards it now and that's all that matters.

Work & School: Not only did I survive my first ever Chemistry class but I was able to move out of a miserable employment situation. I had a job that I liked but a boss that made me (and the people around me) angry, sad, disenchanted and confused. I was able find another position. And although I'm bored at times and I miss my old co-workers dreadfully, I'm happy and content.

1 comment:

genderist said...

You got it, Jane. You're all over it.

Post a Comment