Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Year Ago

I was pregnant and we were at the beach on our last vacation solo for a long-ass time.  We went to Holden Beach and stayed in a tiny effeciency right on the beach.  It was just right for us although lacking in some amenities (washer/dryer, dish washer, private cabana, shower).  I washed clothes in the bathtub twice.  It sucked, but I managed because I'm a hearty mountain woman.  The hard part was wringing everything out really good and then hanging everything outside and making sure nothing fell in the sand.  Anywho, I'm itching for some sort of vacation after our lovely 3 day weekend.  We had a pretty good time hanging out at the house, grocery shopping, buying crap for Lilly (see: high chair!).  It would be nice to get to do something similar (see: not really doing anything) at the beach.  That most likely won't be happening this year, but I'm mostly ok with it.  We're planning a few little trips toward the end of the summer and fall.  One long weekend to the mountains and one "business/research" trip to Greensboro (I'm not excited about this one at all).  And we're contemplating a journey west for Thanksgiving this year.  West as in Utah to the inlaws.  Might be fun to change things up and it'll be quite the adventure taking Lilly on her first plane trip.  And in to Vegas, no less.  Well, gives me something to work on today!  

Happy Fake Monday.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment