Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Vacation in my Head and Cookies are in the Corner

Oh, and did I mention that I could use a vacation.  As I sit here trying to keep my eyes open at work, I'm feeling it.  The down side is that I don't have all that much vacation time saved up at the moment due to having had to use it for maternity leave.  Blech.  So it will be either late summer or early fall before I get a real one.  That leaves me with no other options but to day dream and start coming up with ideas for a fall trip.  I'll research it to death and then find myself trying to talk my signifiant other into another trip to the same little beach town in NC that is just a guaranteed good time. I'm going to try really, really, really hard not to do that this time.  I'm thinking it's time we trekked down to New Oreans and had a real adventure.  We'll see how that goes.  In the meantime I'll dust off my copies of Summer Rental and National Lampoon's Vacation to get me through.   Meanwhile, back on the ranch....

At the end of this month my office is having a Cookie-off, if you will.  This leads me to a dilemma: I already won the pie contest.  If I enter the cookie contest, I'm sure to win.  So, having already won the pie contest, is it fair for me to enter at all? I wouldn't want to hinder this moral boosting event with my ego or anything...heh heh heh.  But seriously though, in my previous life, I was a baker of cookies and I still have the chops.  I'm sure to kill, that is, unless I try a new recipe.  I might do that just to make it fair to the other contestants.  I'm thinking about black and white cookies.  I love them dearly and I've never made them.  Being somewhat of a cake style recipe, they are sure to be a challenge.  Ok then, lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment