Monday, May 14, 2012

The Quitter.

 I'd like to just get this out.  I have a tendency to sign myself up for stuff.  I've recently signed myself up for P90X program.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't pay for it, but I've been doing it.  The videos take at minimum 1 hour  per day, but really average more than 90 minutes per workout.  I'd love to have a stone cold smokin' body, but once again, getting the workouts in daily is something that weighs heavy on me stress-wise to get done and is a massive time suck.  I don't have "free time".  In order to do these workouts, I have to either get up at 4:00-4:30AM to start it our do it after my kid goes down and that means I don't start it until about 9:00 or 9:30PM, meaning I don't even finish until about 11PM. 

After the last three semesters, I just really want to chill the hell out! Its like having another part time job getting these work outs in.  I'd rather destroy my knees and start running again 3-4 times per week.  It only takes about 30 minutes and then I'm golden...and I don't feel quite so guilty for not getting it done when I can't.  I just needed to get this out to process the fact that I'm not living the kind of life that allows me 1.5-2.0 hours of workout time per day.  Especially this month when I'm technically still in school + working almost full time hours. 

This is something I do regularly: digging in deep and then quitting.  I just want a normal life where I work, get my homework done, and hang out with my family without the commitment of some workout program (or whatever the hell it is: being Vegan, Roller Derby, not using artificial sweeteners, whatever, changes with the moon).  Make sense?  It does to me and that's all that really matters.

My name is Molly.  I'm quitting.  I'm good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment