Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Edition - Vol 5: Words for the Road


For all of you merry makers in green and red and equally the candle lighters in blue and black, I wish to you the most kick ass of holidays.  I hope it brings you together and lifts you up and gets you geared up for a better new year.  There are few of us who have it all with no problems.  I have very little money wise, but I have a great deal of love and support from my friends and family and I'm always thankful for that. I better make sure they know it.
  • Be safe in your travels to hither and yon and back.
  • Have some serious memory making fun.
  • Pack layers, you never know how cold it'll get.
  • Be generous with all that love. 
  • Bite your tongue at your in-laws’…when you can help it.
  • Bite your tongue at your mom's house...when you can help it.
  • Eat!  And I mean eat like you’ve been in prison for a while.
  • Don't forget to go for a walk at night to check out the neighborhood Christmas lights...or if that's too city for you, go gaze at the stars.
  • Sleep - Rest - Nap - Zonk - Snooze
  • Remember what it’s like to be a kid again.  And just so you know….
    • This is what it feels like to be a kid.
      This is what it feels like to be an adult.






















I think Charles really got it.  And remember at the end of the week, when you've had it "up to here" with your family's own version of "crazy", or holiday traffic, or people paying you no mind when cutting in front of you at the deli counter, just remember this:  we're all pretty much in the same holiday boat, yo.

Love and Happy Holidays! 

Molly Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment