Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gearing Up for Something

As much as I am a bit worn out from vacation last week, I'm also starting to feel a hint of renewal as well. I've been slowly unpacking and working through some laundry the last few days. Sunday, our first day back, Bebe and I went to Walmart to get some things that we just have needed but that I've been holding back on because of money troubles. I decided to eat it and just get them. I got a new hamper for laundry, a clothes line and clothes pins for the back yard (which us up and kick-ass), laundry basket and a dish rack/dryer thing for the kitchen (so sick of wet dishes sitting on towels on the counter for a week). This weekend I'm going to go back to shopping at Aldi for most items, a trip to Sam's Club for bulk essentials like toilet paper, frozen chicken breast and maybe some new underoos and socks for Mama (I love's me some microfiber granny panties).

School is about 3 weeks out and I'm trying to wrap up this stuff before its too late. Once school starts, time for other life things ends and I have come to terms with it. I've decided to kind of draw a line in the sand, if you will, in regards to what I’m willing to do for school. No extra curricular activities, no study groups (waste of time usually), no dinners, no bitch sessions. Its home, school, work; in that order, and nothing else. If I don't do it like that, it'll be like last semester and I'm not having any of that shit. I'd like to be able to enjoy my evenings & weekends at home with my kid, to go out to dinner with my betrothed, to live. I'm determined to work hard to make that happen.

I'm starting to feel sentimental about the seasons. Its funny because its not that old back-to-school shit, but it’s fall in general. Its coming and I'm excited about it for specific reasons: Bebe's birthday (3 years old! shit, time flies), Halloween, apple- and pumpkin-butter, fall festivals of all kinds, not sweating in my blue jeans and warm, spiced drinks. I just hope that we actually get to experience a nice fall season with leaves changing into beautiful colors instead of them just burning to a brown crisp and falling off the trees sometime in October.

*I've been pretty hard on my mom the last few days and I'd like to add a disclaimer, if anything, just to make myself feel better about all the brutal honesty. I love my mom and we do have a very good relationship. But the things that I have experienced with her over the last week were good and bad and toward the end of the week, it was more of the bad from my perspective. I want nothing more than for her to be genuinely happy and healthy. On that note, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment