Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bonafide

I have worked my way through my College of Nursing acceptance to do list. I had to sign up for my background check, do some online HIPAA training, get med records for my immunizations, etc. The real important thing was to deliver my signed letter of intent and check for tuition down payment, which I did Friday afternoon. Its official, I'm going to school. I am finally on my way to being a nurse.

The next big step for me is to tell my boss, which I'm going to do today at our 10:30AM meeting. I'm going to plant a seed for her to let me stay on as a part-timer. If not, a'CNA-ing I shall go. Then I need to get my packet turned in for the scholarship. Honestly, I kind of hope I don't get it so I don't have to be tied down here for another 5 years by force. But then again, I can't say no to free monies. Such a whore for nursing school. :)

In other news: Jeanette Walls is coming to Lexington this week to do a talk/benefit event for the Hope Center. If you haven't read her bio, The Glass Castle, please go do so immediately. Her's is an incredible story and is heartbreaking and inspiring all in one. If I had been an English teacher it would be required reading for middle/high school students.

More to share...later.

Love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment