Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Final Countdown: 2 Days

After today, I have two days left to work and then we hit the road. As a friend stated, I'm really "jazzed."

Below is the run down of our travel schedule. I'm sharing because I most likely will not be posting anything until after we return (unless I'm really moved to...you know, for the 3 people who regularly read this blog).

Friday
Morning: Mommy and Petit Bebe go to work and daycare as usual. Daddy stays home to sleep in, as he will be the primary driver.
Afternoon: Mommy and Petit Bebe go home, have supper, bathtime, etc. Daddy loads the Truckster (exactly as Mommy has instructed, because she's particular about this element of travel...he may even get a diagram).
Evening: Right when Bebe would normally go to sleepy, we all get in the car and go on our merry way! Hopefully, Bebe won't be too much of a pill and will go to sleep.

We will travel from Kentucky to Raleigh to stay with my Auntie Jane. I have another Auntie, Twila, that lives there and we'll most likely see her as well. I won't hold my breath for any of the cousins. I love them, but they suck at the family thing. Like really, really suck. It makes me sad. Next!

Saturday
Morning: We'll arrive in Raleigh around 2AM and will go to Aunt Janie's to crash. Next day we'll sleep in and then drive to the beach around noon or 1PM. We can't check in until about 4PM, so why rush? We can just visit and chill out.
Afternoon: After a pleasant 3 hour drive (that I have memorized like the freckles on my arms) we'll arrive at our beach abode to unpack, unwind and begin what will be an awesome week.

At this point, I don't want to make any further statements about what comes next or what things I'm going to or have to do each day (aside from what is listed in yesterday's post). I need to learn how to go with the flow again and just take it all as it comes. If I don't run every day, so be it. If I eat ice cream every day, so be it. If I don't finish all my books....you get the picture. Its time to just go and be. I just need to make sure I'm not trying to hard to be. Know what I mean, Vern?

Molly disappears in: 2 days (que "24" ticking sound)

1 comment:

The 4th Doctor said...

I found out long ago
It's a long way down the Holiday Road

Holiday Road
Holiday Road

Jack be nible, Jack be quick
Take a ride on a West Coast kick

Holiday Road
Holiday Road
Holiday Road
Holiday Road

I've come back long ago
Long way down the Holiday Road

Holiday Road
Holiday Road
Holiday Road
Holiday Road

Post a Comment