Monday, June 14, 2010

Piss & Vinegar

I’ve been in a bit of a pissy mood the last 12 hours or so. I’ve been especially cross towards my old man. I’m working through it. I’m not really sure whether there is something wrong with me or if it’s just chemical. The latter I think. I mean, I can’t be happy all the time, but I can’t be pissy all the time either. To combat today’s negative; I want to think about something fun and positive to help turn this frown upside down. Here’s a random list of things that make me feel like a winner.

1. Stella, my favorite mail lady, told me today that I look like I’ve lost weight. I tried to be humble, said that black is just slimming…because I totally haven’t lost weight. She told me to just take the effing compliment. We all had a good laugh. Love her.

2. Monday’s at day care are hard because I’ve spent all weekend bonding with baby, then we have to separate again. This means she cries when I hand her off on Monday. It’s sad, but it’s also a win because that means that her weekend was as good as mine.

3. True Blood, Season 3, started up last night. This season is going to rock out with its cock out. It moved constantly, no boring side stories, no super annoying characters (Bye-bye, Maenad!). Drama! Adventure! Male-Male action! What more could I ask for??

4. Bob Marley and the Wailers – They lively me up.

5. I made vegan cookies last night that have very little fat and are awesome. Derek hates them because they have fruit mixed in with the chocolate chips. I’m going to make a special batch for him tonight. Chips and oats only. Thanks to the MIL for leaving me the recipe.

6. I also successfully made coconut shrimps this weekend. It was pretty darn good.

7. I have come to the conclusion that Pinot Grigio does not suck. It’s actually a fab summer wine. Thanks Italy!

And now, for a lovely lunch with my old man. He likes me again.

Next up: A love letter to one of my favorite cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment