Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Day Dream

One of these days I'm gonna have to come back down to earth, but not today. My heart aches for a trip to the beach, and until I get there you're going to have to deal with posts about said topic.

Work hasn't been the greatest lately which results in me spending down time at work day dreaming about what is next for my family. But I have worked to increase my productivity and improve my attitude. It helps. My attitude is the one thing I can control. Sometimes you have to pretend or "fake it till you make it." I'm here to tell you that this method actually works. That and jello with fruit in it...and reggae music. I know, I'll make a list of things that spell summer to me. You go do the same thing right now.

2. Listening/dancing to oldies
3. Jimmy Buffet (when I'm in the mood)
4. Cold glasses of French Chardonay
5. Swimming pools.
6. Driving through the lush, green WV mountains
7. Summer Rental (so cheezy, so reminiscent of vacations of my youth).
8. Sunscreen
9. Smell of cut grass/sound of lawn mowers
10. Sound of summer bugs buzzing in the evening
11. Dinner on the grill...
12. That full body exhaustion after being in the pool...and the smell of chlorine on my skin
13. Red Stripe
15. Old Crow Medicine Show's "Down Home Girl"
16. Coming down the last mountain in VA on I77 and crossing right into NC where the wild flowers are in bloom in the median all spring and summer long.
18. The smell of self tanner (because they all smell the same...and all give you orange elbows/knees). Nothing like paying $8 for a tan.
19. Afternoon drives (and midnight escapes) through the TN mountains
20. CatFish Fry's
21. Lightnin' Bugs (aka Fire Flies)
22. Trips to the library for summer reading
23. My grandma's stifling hot kitchen and home cookin'
24. James Taylor
25. Sitting on the beach with a Louis L'amour book, a frostly Coke Classic and a bag of Frito's Scoops. Sugar, salt, sand, water. Amen.

Daydream away....your turn!
Molly Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment