Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Last Post about Chemistry 103

This was the hardest semester I've had since the last semester of college for my first degree. That was when I was taking Intro to Electronics in the Recording Studio.  Difficult material, bad instructor, zero comprehension = F.  My first and only F in college.  It was soooo horrible.  I was such a wreck those last few nights because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to graduate.  This particularly freaked me out because I had a bunch of my family in town (parents, sister, aunts uncles) and Derek's parents flew out for the occasion as well.  It was a big deal!  My fears were all unwarranted because the rest of my grades that semester (and beyond) were pretty good.  I would have graduated either way.  But I was thrashing and crying, I was sick of my roomate, sick of living in a dorm room, I was stressed out about getting ready to move in with Derek (what will the family think?  living in sin...oh my, oh my!...will I go to hell if I do this?...does hell exist?), no job prospects, no career prospects really (I had no clue, I wasn't happy about anything career wise), no apartment prospects.  I had no plan, we had no plan =  a bad scene for Molly Jane and her loved ones.  I drank alot of happy tea that semester with the genderist (thank goodness, right genderist?) and that about saved me.  She was wrapping up nursing school...

Everything worked out, though.  Derek and I found an apartment after a very difficult (2 day) search.  I found a temp job, which turned into a regular job with benefits, which essentially led me to right where I am.  Derek got his Associates Degree, Undergrad, Masters and will eventually obtain his PhD.  His education has taken us from Nashville, to St. Louis and eventually to right where we are now in Kentucky.   We have a beautiful, perfect baby which led me towards a career in nursing.   Which is why I took this chemistry class...which I think I've conquered.  Here's hoping they post the damn grade soon. 

Cheers,
Molly Jane

2 comments:

genderist said...

We both needed the happy tea that semester, Jane...

Congrats again!

The 4th Doctor said...

And then, after one particularly frisky night for Derek and one too many swigs of Nyquil from you...Lily appeared 9 months later.

Post a Comment