Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So loooooong, farewelllllllllll.....

We've had a death in the family.  Its a big loss for us...the family matriarch.  A fabulous lady who lived a pretty wonderful life.  She was a survivor (cancer, stroke, diabetes).  A widow...twice. She saw the world, but her world was her family.  She gave and she gave and she gave.  Friday we had a box in the mail from her, more really cute clothes for Lilly, including her very first pair of OshKoshes (yellow).  The note, on yellow legal paper, said: "Don't ever walk into a store where the entrance is the baby section.  Kisses to Lilly."  Its on the fridge, it'll be there for a long time. We talked to her on Saturday to say thanks.  She always wanted to know what Lilly was doing.  On to the next big thing.  We'll miss her....

Children: There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall 
And a bell in the steeple too 
And in the nursery an absurd little bird 
Is popping out to say "cuckoo" 
Marta, Gretl, Brigitta: Cuckoo, cuckoo 

Children: Marta, Gretl, Brigitta: 
Regretfully they tell us Cuckoo, cuckoo 
But firmly they compel us Cuckoo, cuckoo 
To say goodbye . . . 
Marta, Gretl, Brigitta: Cuckoo! 
Children: . . . to you 

Children: So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehn, good night 
Marta: I hate to go and miss this pretty sight 
Children: So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehn, adieu 
Friedrich: Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you 

Children: So long, farewell, auf 'voir , auf wiedersehn 
Liesl: I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne 

Children: So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehn, goodbye 
Kurt: I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye! 
Brigitta: I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie 
Louisa: I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly 
Gretl: The sun has gone to bed and so must I 

Children: So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye 
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye 

Guests: Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment